UAE residents who have been staying outside the country for more than 6 months can now apply for a re-entry permit.

Shaheen & Associates

Holders of a UAE residency visa who have been residing outside the Emirates for more than six months are now eligible to apply for a permit to re-enter the country.
The reason for their extended stay outside the UAE and proof of the same may be required during the application process. This update has been confirmed by travel and typing center agents who have received a notification regarding the matter.
The application process for this service can be completed on the Federal Authority for Identity, Citizenship, Customs, and Ports Security (ICP) website.